1.10.2008

fendi "pretendi"



about 99% done with my fuzzi, furri, shaggi bag. just have to find a cool silver chain to use as a handle. i left the feathers off for now until i can figure out a way to attach them securely. tried some fabric glue and it didn't stick at all. sewing could be an option. what do you think?

i used gedifra gigante and burly spun yarns to make it. i used the burly spun for the base and the GG mixed with a bit of burly spun to latch-hook the fringe elements. you can purchase the kit that has everything you need to make your own version right here! marcia's loopy knitting bag version is slightly different and fabulous in its own right. but the frame and yarns are the same as mine. i hope you'll be inspired to make your own variations! just shoot me an email if you need tips on how to get started.




addendum: meaghan asked how i'd wear it, so here's a couple of options i like with it. the puffy sleeve top might be a little bit country for a bag that's a little bit rock n roll, but i do like the idea of keeping the outfit a little toned down since the bag is such a statement on its own.

btw, wore it to the hair salon and some lady came up and thought it was a puppy. then all the stylists came over and started petting it. i'm thinking of attaching a leash...and my dog is getting jealous.

17 comments:

Sarah A. said...

oooooo me likey.

Meghan said...

I think it's very daring--a conversation piece! When you finish, I hope you'll post a photo of what you'll wear it with. I bet it would make a great statement with the right outfit. Great work!

Jennifer said...

Wow. That is just fabulous. I'd sew on the feathers. A coordinating color of a quilting or top-stitching thread should hold them securely. I am a fan of Kinkame's silk top-stitching thread myself.

Team Knit said...

I love it!! I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out in the earlier posts (I was afraid it would look like the dog that the lady thought it was) but it doesn't at all- it's totally fierce. Love it.

- Julie

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Emily said...

I love how you model the bag! Looking great. Personally, I would hot glue the feathers. I've had really good luck with hot glue and fibrous things like that.. the glue can really get into the nooks and crannies so that might be better than the fabric glue was.

Anonymous said...

fabulous kate! i knew you could make it work!

Unknown said...

what a great bag! I like it with the coat. Have no idea how to keep the feathers on. How did Laura on last season's Project Runway do it? I think she had lots of feathers on her garments.

Elena said...

How beautiful - a genuinly done masterpiece!

ingrid said...

SO jealous. It's amazing.

Anonymous said...

i like it! maybe you could fashion a dog choke collar as a handle?
mitt

Knitty Pilgrim said...

Dearest Kate, Pilgrim Hats off to you for this incredible creation. Well done! You should be very proud. And oh-so chic!

http://knittypilgrim.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it....it such beautiful bag, I want one!!!

Unknown said...

Just love it!

Beijinhos
Ana

desperateknitwife said...

OMG! SO FLIPPIN CUTE!

i should be working right now, but i'm reading your knit blog hee hee

thanks for the fake a gamo pattern, you're a reall doll. It's soooooo nice that there are other knitters out there who love fashion, i get sick of the granny-tudes out there. cheers, desperateknitwife

I HAVE CONCERNS said...

Inspired! I went straight to knittingbag.com and talked to Marcia -- who is a sweetie! -- and will no doubt be pestering you as to how you attached the bag to the frame so perfectly in the near future. Love it!

The DeDe said...

All I can say is... Fierce! oh, and Amazing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails