12.04.2007

free pattern: XO UO cowl



my cozy, two-skein take on this great UO cowl. just the thing to tuck into today as the northeast gets socked in with the first big snowstorm of the season. i used two skeins of berroco hip hop i had in my stash, but you could use pretty much any bulky or super bulky. it would be scrumptious in rowan cocoon...if only i had some. (sigh.)

one size fits all.

materials
2 skeins hip hop berroco 100% wool varie #7255 red spyda
1 pair US 17 circular needles

gauge
8 sts and 12 rows = 4 inches

instructions
using US 17 needles and berroco hip hop, cast on 68 sts. join and place marker for beg of round, being careful not to twist. continue to knit in the round until cowl measures 13 inches or desired width. bind off all sts.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate -- love the cowl! Simple and fun-- the Hip Hop is a good choice, has a little sheen too.
Marcia

bunnnyfoofoo said...

Kate,
Your cowl is great. I went right out and bought Malabrigo Aquarella to make one for a present-or more likely, for me. Thanks for the inspiration. The yarn shop thanks you, too.
m

elsewhere said...

Nice. I've been looking for a cozy little project to introduce me to circular needles. Thanks.

fiddletwiddleneedlework.web-log.nl said...

Yeah, like it!

Unknown said...

Oi Kate,

..love it, so! My next projet, for sure, although, I'll need to wait some long months to wear it. Here it's really, realy hot, now.

Beijinhos
Ana

Nadine Fawell said...

Hi Kate!

Thank you, I knitted one today, as a gift for a friend who is moving to Paris at the end of the month. I am told it's kinda freezing there: not in South Africa, it's mid-summer hot here. I am hoping my hubby will take a pic in daylight for me, so I can post it on Flickr.

Moving at the speed of mom said...

I have a question not a comment :) This is a wonderful pattern that I would like to knit up. I am new to knitting in the round, however I have a question when knitting in the round and the pattern indicates to purl a row do you actually knit it or purl it?

thanks
L-

Shana said...

Howdy,

I've got a question. I'm knitting in the round, which I think is what I'm meant to do, and I'm a little confused. The directions say to knit one row and purl the next, which would give me reverse stockinette, but only knitting straight. In the round, I'm getting something that looks like garter stitch, with my bumps alternating sides. What am I doing wrong?

--Shana

Unknown said...

What's this pattern supposed to be a downloaded one? Because if that's the case, I have no idea where to download it... Lol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails