7.30.2008

1,000 words

i was just about to go take a picture of the fabulous VK ribbed minidress i've been stockinetting my wrists into a fit of tendonitis over. but then i remembered. i don't have a camera. or rather, i don't have a camera that works. turns out, a mere two-foot vertical drop onto a hardwood floor is all it takes to turn a $250 digital wonder into a desk ornament. (note to self: the metal thingy in the side of the camera is for the wrist-strap.)

so, in lieu of silver halide, i will attempt to paint a picture using only the fading keys of my trusty macbook.

it's grey. (my current obsession with grey is balanced by my other current obsession with yellow.) it's made of rowan felted tweed which is surprisingly soft thanks to merino wool and a healthy dose of alpaca. it's to the knee. at least, that's what i'm hoping for. even after all these years of knitting, i still don't know a reliable way to predict the length of anything from socks to sleeves to minidresses.

i am hoping for the kind of fall sweaterdress i can pull on over a pair of colored tights. maybe with some peeptoe oxfords. or ankle booties. oh, and with a skinny patent leather belt. in yellow.

maybe i better see about getting a new camera.

6 comments:

Digital Leaf said...

I sooo feel your pain. I to lost my camera in the same way... But you painted a very lovely picture

Team Knit said...

ooh, that totally sucks about your camera! Sounds like the dress is awesome- can't wait to see it.

- Julie

juicyknits said...

Oh, I can't wait to see that dress as well! I'm sure it will turn out great. And the nicest pictures are of FOs anyway. So you can wait and get a new camera once the dress is done and ready to take out for a walk.

Ally Jay said...

I hate it when something happens and you just know you could ahve prevented it. I get so mad wityh myself. Can you claim on insurance for it at all? the dress sounds quite intricate and hopefully there will be a piccie soon.

Michelle said...

I have seem this lovely peice on the needles!Kates description is accurate, but it is far more attractive than she describes.

Amy said...

The dress sounds lovely.

What's funny to me is that the first time I read this post, I thought I had clicked on a different blog (the danger of bloglines and not paying attention). It just didn't seem like them. I love their blog, but they just aren't as fashiony as you. Now that I re-read it, I'm like DUH, of course that was kate.

I hope you get a new camera soon so we can see the dress in action!

Related Posts with Thumbnails