4.06.2007

hello yello


i feel sunny despite the four or so inches of snow that have fallen over the past couple of days.


my brand-spankin new wheels might be one reason. (hey, it was this or a $1600 repair bill on my old mini. go figyah.)


my brand-twinklin new best friend cardi might be another.


of course, they all jaundice in comparison to the newly re-va-va-vamped bonnie. previously banished to the darkest corner of my unworn knits pile, she will rise like a phoenix bess out of the ashes. inspired by this dreamy dress from the new VK, and bolstered by this great tute, i took scissors to stitches and snipped away. stay tuned for a longer, slinkier bonnie. do you think clyde would approve?

11 comments:

lomester said...

i know u are a pro. but "snipping" makes me nervous. Bonnie is so gorgeous I cannot wait to see it revamped.

Anonymous said...

aaah! i spent atleast an hour at barnes & nobles debating on whether or not to get twinkle's big city knits but i was chunky yarn phobic. i can't wait to see your completed cardigan! *runs off to barnes & noble

Anonymous said...

pic #2 love that mini!
pic #3 really love the color of the best friend cardi..is it really lite leafy green?
pic # ATTA GIRL! bravery in knitting, it'll look great!

Liz K. said...

Slinky! Can't wait to see how it all comes out.

Anonymous said...

Love the yellow - especially your new car! But... I can't believe you chopped up Bonnie!

Sweetpea4kids said...

Congrats on your new car, its a swish ride.

I love what your Twinkle knitting at the moment!

Thanks so much for the link to the Phildar swing jacket KAL... I'm so keen to join.

Janet said...

i'm still scared of the bulky Twinkle patterns (errr, rather, what my size 8 frame might look like in them) - but i can't wait to see how your best friend cardi comes out! i love the yellow color!

also, i'm super jealous of your car!!!

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Whooo.... that's a lot of sunshine!! I hope it's keeping you in a cheerful mood this whole week!

p.s-- Good luck on the snipping! Yikes! It will be worth it!

Carson said...

No way!
You. Cut. Bonnie ??

jenna said...

My newest project is going to be yellow as well! What's up??

I'll keep an eye out for you cruisin' around town in your new wheels!

Anonymous said...

Love the mini. I've had mine for 2 1/2 years and still think of her as my new car!

Related Posts with Thumbnails